Sunday, April 29, 2012

Homemade Orange Cleaner

I discovered this recipe a few months ago and I have have been hooked on how it cleans up grease and makes my granite sparkle!  The smell is great too and I like knowing that none of it is harmful for my family or my pets!




Ingredients:
Orange peels (or any type of citrus peels)
Vinegar
Water

Instructions:
1. Fill a glass jar with orange peels. It needn't be done all at once. Just whenever you eat an orange, put the peels inside the jar.
2. Cover the peels with vinegar. You may want to pack down the peels so less vinegar is needed for this step, but it's not necessary.
3. Let the vinegar and orange peels sit for a few weeks. The vinegar will take on an orange/golden hue and smell powerfully of oranges.
4. Take the vinegar out of the jar and pour it into a spray bottle, diluting half/half with water.
5. Use with a rag to clean.  This works well to clean sinks, mirrors, windows, floors, wooden chairs, counters, etc... 


Best of all- this is made with something that you'd otherwise be throwing out!

1 comment: