Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cleaning gritty produce...

We have had quite a few customers who have had some trouble cleaning the farm fresh produce this past week...let me share some tips for cleaning gritty produce like asparagus and spinach...

For asparagus, I have found that washing it, even numerous times does not get out all of the grit so I now blanch the asparagus and this way the grit is released into the cooking water and then you just throw it away!

For my spinach, I fill my clean kitchen sink up with cold water and add the spinach, swishing it around and allowing the dirt to settle to the bottom, I drain the sink and repeat until there is no more residue and then finish it off in my salad spinner.


1 comment:

  1. This particular utility sink can be quite nearby the dimensions anyone listed and is also low-priced for a s / s kitchen sink. I prefer the actual backsplash because it could keep the actual wall membrane behind the actual kitchen sink clear.

    ReplyDelete